Welcome to Legal…
We welcome entry-level applicants and are happy to meet you personally. If you’re new to legal or office administration, you
may find some of these tips helpful ~
- Highlight any prior office experience in your resume.
- Include all your work experience if you have no office experience yet.
- Be sure to include details of your practicum on your resume.
- Have a professional e-mail address … “email@example.com” gives the wrong impression.
- Ensure your internet presence (social media, etc.) is professional and that its content does not reflect badly on you as an employee.
- As much as possible, accept legal temporary assignments: every day of law firm experience counts.
- If you’re nervous about interviewing, practice. Interview yourself or ask family members to conduct a mock interview with you. It may seem silly but it works!
- Stay Positive – it can be challenging to be searching for a job when the overall economy has slowed, but there will still be job openings.
Welcome to the legal field!
We are proud of our volunteer work with a number of the advisory committees for legal programs within the Lower Mainland region. Our congratulations go out to all graduates of all legal and office programs … at LFC we are always glad to help out new prospects to the legal field … we all started out as beginners and applaud your entry to the legal field!