Betty Garbutt, CHRP
- Over 3 decades of experience as a Legal Recruitment Specialist, Director of Human Resources, Director of Operations, The Legal Freelance Centre.
- 10 years legal experience in litigation, criminal defence, labour law, corporate records, corporate/commercial, residential and commercial conveyancing, wills & estates, corporate tax, corporate/securities, matrimonial, aboriginal & mediation law.
- Community-minded; volunteer on public advisory committees for legal courses at various colleges and post-secondary schools for over 20 years.
- Youth Educator; volunteer trainer and team-builder for female high performance ice hockey athletes as they pursue their goals for Canada’s National Women’s Team.
- Loves dogs & cats, married, has 2 great sons, throws terrific Christmas parties and has a good sense of humour!
- View Linked In Profile
Robyn Stratton, Legal Recruitment Specialist
- Over 15 years in legal recruitment with The Legal Freelance Centre
- Temporary and Permanent Placements, Payroll & Career Advisor
- Experienced in corporate/securities, law firm reception and administration
- In her free time Robyn enjoys spending time with her two young children, attending fitness classes and playing and coaching softball.
- Loves dogs, especially her puggle, Jaxon
Michael T. Brown, Human Resources Assistant
- Michael first joined the team in 2011 while in University and left to pursue a career in sales split between B2B technology and B2C luxury sales. In 2021, Michael returned to the Legal Freelance Centre and now works full-time assisting the team in all duties ranging from candidate interviewing and canvassing to internal billing and administrative work.
- Temporary and Permanent Placements
- Michael graduated from Simon Fraser University in 2013 after competing on the Simon Fraser University Ice Hockey Team and holds a Bachelor of Arts in Communication & Media Studies and a Publishing Minor. With a genuine interest in the legal field and being a natural people person, he is working full-time and bettering his sales and client based focused skills in the Human Resource field.
- A sports fanatic, Michael has a passion for ice hockey and continues to play in several recreational leagues.
Danielle (Danny) – Woof! Woof! – who keeps us all balanced and laughing!
To keep up to date with what we’re up to, including getting notified of new job postings, make sure to follow our Facebook: The Legal Freelance Centre, Twitter: @LFCJobPlacement, and Instagram: @thelegalfreelancecentre