Our client is a full service law firm with a history of over 145 years in Vancouver. They are committed to providing the highest standard of service to their clients, and strive to be one of the top employers in BC! They are currently looking for a Wills & Estates Legal Assistant for their office in Surrey.
This department is small, but busy and requires someone who will work well independently, as well as in a team.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Experience drafting wills, Powers of Attorney, and Healthcare Representation agreements
- Experience using BC Online and LTSA
- Good understanding of WESA
- Ability to assist clients with the administration of an estate
- Experience in dealing with various government and financial institutions
- Experience drafting required court documents to obtain estate grants
- Knowledge of procedures after estate grant issued
- Familiarity with Trust Agreements and Committeeship applications
- Time tracking and billing using Esilaw is an asset
- 3-5 years’ experience preferred
- Acute attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to problem solve
- Strong interpersonal skills
If you are someone who is exceptionally organized, able to prioritize their work/work-load, multi-task and handle high volumes of work, then this is the position for you! Apply today!