Our client, a downtown firm, is seeking a full-time corporate paralegal to join their Corporate Services Department. Their work is focused on private company law work, with clients ranging from emerging start-ups to multinational corporations, across many different industries. They look for candidates who demonstrate the same “client-centered” service approach they instill in the Firm, and who want to be a part of a fun, dynamic team. The successful candidate will be someone who is able to contribute to the Firm dynamic, bringing a high quality and collaborative mindset to the group.
Role and responsibilities:
- Our paralegals currently support approximately 11 business lawyers on transactional work, and also maintain our corporate minute books (BC, federal and EPRs) as along with all ongoing corporate governance filings and related matters
- Corporate paralegals play a key role in supporting the Business Lawyers in sophisticated commercial transactions, and assume high levels of responsibility and direct client contact
- Formation and governance matters relating to corporations (including not-for-profits) and partnerships; Assist with preparation of documentation for commercial transactions – changes of ownership or management, M&A, joint ventures, amalgamations and dissolutions
- Due diligence review of corporate records and preparation of rectification resolutions, conduct and review public searches in connection with due diligence matters
- 3-7 years’ experience as a corporate/commercial paralegal in a busy business firm environment
- Intimate knowledge of ALF and BC Online paired with strong technical skills (Microsoft Office)
- Experience with Worldox, Workshare Compare, PC Law (preferred)
- Ability to organize and prioritize a busy workload for a busy corporate practice, with very high attention to detail and quality work output
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, able to work collaboratively on group projects, and yet comfortable working independently and directly with clients
- Securities and/or Real Estate law experience is a definite asset, but not necessary for this role
Compensation and Benefits
In addition to a genuine collegial atmosphere this firm provides market salary commensurate with experience and in line with leading corporate service departments in the downtown core. Extended health/dental benefits, cell phone and fitness reimbursement, as well as a bonus program based on various criteria and contributions to the Firm, are just some of the benefits offered.