Our client is a well-managed small-to-medium-size law firm located near the Courthouse in the heart of downtown Vancouver. They are seeking to hire a Legal Administrative Assistant to work for a partner and an associate lawyer.
This position will be in office for the probationary period of 6 months.
A good portion of the work involves preparation of materials for hearings at the Residential Tenancy Branch, covering tenancy issues, some construction warranty claims, running conflict searches, setting up initial consult meetings and preparation of binders, etc.
Essential Skills required are as follows:
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Ability to work collaboratively and support a team environment;
- Excellent Team player who willingly supports others in the achievement of the firm’s objectives;
- Understands the importance of client service and demonstrates same continuously;
- Ability to use initiative, anticipate needs, prioritize multiple tasks and meet timeline;
- Excellent attention to detail and proofreading skills;
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Calendar, Email, Excel, and Word are essential skills. I pro Eclipse for evidence/document management would be an asset;
- Adobe and PC Law, or similar programs, would be a definite asset;
- Their network system is Worldox and their accounting program is PC Law.
- Timekeeping is a must;
- Typing speed minimum 60 wpm.
Qualifications, Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma and completion of a Legal Administrative Assistant diploma or 2 – 5 years of experience in a fast-paced professional office environment.
- A Candidate with 2-5 years of Canadian law office experience is most desirable.
SALARY RANGE for this position: $50k – $70k/annum, depending on relevant experience.