Our client, one of BC’s leading and innovative law firms downtown, is seeking a Securities Paralegal to join their Capital Markets, Securities, Mergers & Acquisitions Group. This is a full time, permanent position and is ideal for anyone wanting to join a firm that takes pride in having a collegial working atmosphere, where growth and professional development are supported.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- SEDAR, SEDI and BC Registry filings for reporting companies;
- drafting materials for brokered and non-brokered private placement and public (prospectus) financings together with post-closing filings;
- drafting continuous disclosure (i.e. new releases, material change reports, MD&A, etc.) documents;
- drafting materials and coordinating filings with the Toronto Stock Exchange, the TSX Venture Exchange and the CSE;
- assisting lawyers in preparing documentation related to securities, continuous disclosure, and private placement notices;
- preparing reports of due diligence audits;
- liaising with legal assistants, paralegals, other lawyers and clients on file progress; and
- general administrative duties as required.
The successful candidate will have: a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; knowledge of securities legislation; knowledge of the Canada Business Corporations Act; proficiency with SEDAR software and online websites related to filings such as SEDI; and strong technical skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe, and BC Online.
This large, fast-paced, and high performance firm has been recognized by Canadian Lawyer magazine as one of Western Canada’s top 10 regional firms! Don’t miss out on the excellent opportunity to grow your career; send us your resume today!