Our client is a mid-sized law firm located in Richmond. With over 40 years in legal, our client is seeking a librarian to work one day a week in their office and is offering flexible hours.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing the operations of the library, including ordering and cataloguing resources, receiving updates, processing invoices and preparing the library budget.
- Assisting in the acquisition and evaluation of new and existing resources based on need, suitability and cost and ensuring users have access to authoritative, accurate and usable resources.
- Negotiating database contracts with vendors and arranging login access to research databases for new lawyers and staff.
- Providing current awareness though tracking legislative, case law and news alerts using legal news tools and databases.
- Providing library orientation, research guidance and assistance to lawyers, articling students and staff in the conduct of their own research.
- Providing timely, quality reference service using a variety of print and online research resources.
- MLIS, from an ALA-accredited program (Graduate from a post-secondary Library and Information Technology program also considered).
- Ability to work independently as a solo librarian and to contribute creative ideas, solutions and support within a team environment.
- Strong customer service, communication and time management skills with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and a capacity to produce quality work in a fast-paced professional environment.
- Working knowledge of legal research methodology and online legal tools.
- Understanding of the law, legal systems and legal proceedings in Canada.
- Experience using MS Word, Excel, Teams, Library Systems, and research databases.
- Develop connections with colleagues through organizations such as the Vancouver Law
- Libraries Association (VALL) and the Canadian Association of Law Libraries (CALL)
- Some work experience in a law or special library preferred.
Please send us your resume today!