A law firm located in Vancouver, BC is looking for an LAA position to be filled! The firm focuses on labour and employment, including human rights, professional regulation, and pensions and benefits. They provide a full range of services from advice to advocacy for workers and unions and also represent and advise pension and health and welfare trusts.
The successful LAA will provide support to 3 lawyers in the firm and the responsibilities of the role will include:
- editing and proofreading opinion letters
- formatting documents on MS Word and WordPerfect
- entering timesheets & accounts
- typing, editing and proofreading correspondence/documents
- opening and closing files
- updating pleadings/submissions binders
- filing to the Boards/Tribunals, and more
The workstation is located at the reception desk, so the role will also involve light reception and administrative duties, such as:
- greeting and assisting clients in person and/or on the phone
- managing incoming and outgoing courier deliveries
- handling the incoming and outgoing mail
- maintaining boardroom bookings
If you are highly organized and possess superior proofreading and editing skills, as well as excellent Word processing abilities, we’d like to hear from you! Don’t miss this opportunity to work at a great firm with a lovely work environment. Send us your resume today.