Our client, a not-for-profit professional liability insurer for the real estate industry in British Columbia, is seeking a part-time junior Paralegal, senior LAA, or Hybrid to join their Litigation practice. This is a 1 year maternity leave contract position, starting November 1st, 2019.
This is a unique in-house position in a dynamic and challenging work environment will give you the opportunity to use your experience as a paralegal/legal administrative assistant while also participating directly in handling claims. You will be working closely with seasoned legal experts in a collaborative, supportive and balanced workplace. This position includes:
- Providing litigation support to in-house counsel including drafting pleadings and application material for all levels of Court;
- Drafting Lists of Documents, managing documents and preparing books of authorities and books of documents;
- Typing and drafting correspondence and reports, transcribing dictation;
- Preparation and organization of material for Board of Directors;
- Opening new claim files, maintaining updating and overseeing claims;
- Retaining expert witnesses;
- Overseeing document retention and destruction;
- Maintaining and updating legal library;
- Assisting with administrative functions;
- Performing other related duties as required.
- Minimum 7+ years as a litigation specific paralegal or legal administrative assistant, insurance defence experience would be as asset;
- Legal Assistant or Paralegal certificate from a recognized educational institution or equivalent experience;
- Excellent working knowledge of Supreme Court and Small Claims Court procedures and forms;
- Superior organizational skills, including the ability to handle multiple case files simultaneously;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build effective relationships with clients, counsel and court officials;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, along with the ability to learn new skills.
This company offers an escape from billable hours as well as a competitive compensation package combined with excellent benefits.
Don’t hesitate; send us your resume today!