A boutique firm located in the heart of Vancouver is looking for an experienced Paralegal/LAA Hybrid to join their team! This position will be supporting one partner and one associate in their busy litigation practice! The successful candidate will be able to work efficiently under minimal instructions and follow through on producing a high standard of correspondence and documents within set time lines, as well as make recommendations and implement processes that ensure the efficient operation of the workflow and retrieval systems.
Education and Experience
- Completion of legal assistant diploma plus minimum four years of work experience or paralegal course plus minimum two years of work experience
- Critical thinking skills, a high level of initiative, and proactive approach to problem solving;
- Proven ability to prioritize multiple assignments, produce quality accurate work, and meet set time lines;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Excellent team player who willingly supports others in the achievement of the firm’s objectives;
- Understands the importance of client service and demonstrates continuously;
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Calendar, email, Excel, and Word are essential skills. Familiarity with Worldox, PCLaw and Summation, or similar programs, would be a definite asset.
Responsibilities – Legal Assistant/Paralegal
- Performs paralegal/legal assistant activities in various areas of law for all courts: Small Claims, Supreme, Federal and Court of Appeal;
- Prepare correspondence and a variety of legal documents ensuring compliance with legal procedures and grammatical usage;
- Conducts research of records, court files and other legal documents. Assist lawyers with assembling documentary evidence, listing and arranging for motion and trial materials;
- Maintains a well-organized work environment and implements efficient processes that minimize lawyer’s administrative load and ensures ease of reference to client documents;
- Performs administrative activities required to complete the legal processes including: sending/receiving faxes, attends to BC Online/LTSA searches;
- Coordinates and performs tasks for the lawyers including making appointments, responding to clients, booking meetings and boardrooms, booking travel, organizing conference calls, hotels arrangements, registration for seminars and courses;
- Prepares and strips files to be closed in PCLaw, ensure all fees and disbursements are billed and/or seeks instructions to for final write-offs, prepares and has responsible sign-off on closed files sheets, returns original documents to clients;
- Supports other assistants/paralegals when time permits and works collaboratively to ensure the running of the office;
- Supports team activities to implement staff, social and client activities, which may include: organizing office lunches, seminars, marketing meetings with venues and catering, and other events.
Apply today! We’re happy to meet with you and discuss your career goals and progress. All of our resumes are received in strict confidence and we only send your resume where you want it to go!