Our client is a mid-sized law firm located in Downtown Vancouver and they are seeking to hire a paralegal to assist their team of lawyers in estate planning, administration and corporate law. If you are looking for a bit of variety in your everyday workload, this is the job for you!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Preparing corporate documentation for BC and Federal entities, including incorporations, name changes, alterations, and other related transactional tasks
- Assisting lawyers with tax driven transactions including the preparation of closing agendas and legal documentation relating to all stages of complex corporate transactions, including, among others, section 85 rollovers, and section 86 share exchanges
- Preparing and filing documentation for creation of and/or updating of partnerships, limited partnerships, business names and extra-provincial registrations across Canada
- Assembling documentation for BC societies and federal not-for-profit corporations
- Alterations to share structure, articles and preparing dividend documentation
- Redemptions, Repurchases and all other share transactions
- Conducting records book reviews and preparing documents to correct records book deficiencies
- 5+ years of relevant experience;
- Completion of a Paralegal program is an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent document drafting skills
- A strong work ethic and ability to multi-task and meet deadlines and ability to work independently
- Solid knowledge of ALF corporate database
Please send your resume today!