Our client is looking to hire a permanent candidate to fill the role of Legal Administrative Assistant to work on their litigation team. With an office downtown, our client is offering a four-to-five-day work week, 7 hours a day.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Managing the calendars, schedules and BF system of the lawyers within the practice group.
- Acting as the main point of contact for client interactions.
- Answering phones and directing incoming calls to appropriate party promptly and efficiently.
- Managing Time entry, billing and account receivables for partners and associates.
- Digital Dictations
- Opening and closing files in accordance with firm procedures.
- Pulling the necessary files in preparation for daily deadlines and being proactive
- Assisting with the preparation of routine correspondence as required.
- Document preparation, precedents, etc.
- File legal documents with the Court Registry
- Coordinate bookings of Mediations, Discoveries, Trials and client meetings
- Ability to draft routine correspondence and documents with minimal supervision
- General administrative tasks, including bank runs and errands
- 3+ years’ experience
- Graduation of certification from recognized LAA or Paralegal program
- A strong understanding of litigation procedures
- Ability to use PC Law is an asset, but not required;
- Ability to work well with others
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Word and Outlook;
- Must be able to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination.