Our client is located in Downtown Vancouver firm and two partners who practice in Admiralty & Maritime, Environmental, & Insurance Litigation are seeking an litigation LAA.
The firm is centrally located in Downtown Vancouver near Waterfront Station. The firm offers competitive salaries & benefits, a congenial atmosphere, good quality litigation work and opportunities for advancement.
- Managing the calendars, schedules and BF system of the lawyers within the practice group.
- Acting as the main point of contact for client interactions.
- Answering phones and directing incoming calls to appropriate party promptly and efficiently.
- Managing Time entry, billing and account receivables for partners and associates.
- Digital Dictations
- Opening and closing files in accordance with firm procedures.
- Pulling the necessary files in preparation for daily deadlines and being proactive
- Assisting with the preparation of routine correspondence as required.
- Document preparation, precedents, etc.
- File legal documents with the Court Registry
- Coordinate bookings of Mediations, Discoveries, Trials and client meetings
- Assisting the paralegals with administrative matters as required.
- Assisting with travel arrangements.
- Assisting with various projects as directed within the law firm.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education in Legal Administration or equivalent work experience.
- Proficient with Outlook & MS Office
- Understanding of legal processes and procedures would be an asset.
- Knowledge of PC Law
- Ability to work independently without supervision. Excellent calendar management and coordination of complex meetings
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- High level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Please let us know if you would like us to advance your candidate profile to the firm!