Our client is a large regional firm and is looking for an intermediate/senior LAA to work in their downtown law office with one of the partners along with one of the junior associates.
The suitable candidate will be on top of regular dictation and billing and is expected to excel at filing for both hard and soft copy. Tact and diplomacy is a must have for this role.
- Daily correspondence, document preparation, dicta-typing
- File preparation and management
- Time entry, billings and client collections
- Maintain BF system
- Book court dates and communicate with court registries
- Organize and assemble chambers records, books of authorities, appeal records and appeal books
- Obtain and index cases from QuickLaw and other sources
- Direct client contact
- Other general and administrative tasks as required
- Minimum two years’ litigation experience
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in MS Word
- Detail oriented
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to function well under pressure, manage a high volume of work, and multi-task
- Ability to take initiative and think ahead
- Positive and willing attitude
- Preference will be given to candidates who have completed an accredited Legal Administrative Assistant program
Send us your resume today!