One of Canada’s fastest growing national business law firms is seeking a Legal Assistant for Litigation, Labour and Employment to join their Downtown Vancouver office. This position is a 14 month contract opportunity.
- Independently manage calendars
- Handling onboarding of clients and conflict checks
- Drafting, revising, proofreading legal documents and correspondence
- Preparing and coordination for hearings and trials
- Scheduling travel and meetings
- Maintain bring forward system
- Communicate professionally with clients
- Practice administration and management for lawyers
- Administrative tasks – diarizing events, opening and closing files, expense requisitions, filing, scanning, printing, etc.
- 3+ years experience in litigation as a LAA
- Diploma or certificate from recognized LAA program
- Attention to detail and great proofreading skills
- Working knowledge of MS Suite and BC Online
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently and on a team
- Ability to prioritize
If these qualifications and responsibilities match your skills and you are looking to join a growing national law firm, please to send us your resume today.