This is a great opportunity!
Our client is a Medium Size regional law firm in downtown Vancouver with approximately 25 lawyers. The firm is known for providing an excellent, respectful & ethical environment for their staff and takes great pride in providing the absolute best in legal services to their clientele.
This is also a firm that takes on the responsibility for ongoing staff training in legal work and regularly provides opportunities for instruction in law firm technology and upgrading of skills in MS Office Suite, Worldox, and legal support software of all types.
If you are looking for regular hours with a healthy mix of skill development, an opportunity to continue learning while earning a competitive salary & benefits, and if you would enjoy working at a firm where everyone stays for years, then this is a good opportunity for you.
For this role, applicants who have B.C. (or Canadian) law firm experience are invited to apply as there is an opportunity to put your skills to work in your area of expertise, whether that be in corporate/commercial or in litigation.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Preliminary drafting, complex editing and formatting of legal documents and correspondence.
- Project management for the practice including prioritizing daily tasks, maintaining a Bring Forward system, scheduling meetings, etc.
- File management, including organizing and managing documents of both physical and digital systems.
- Other general administrative and secretarial support services as required.
- Experience in an LAA role.
- Strong organizational and word processing skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- A willing attitude.
- Ability to take initiative and think ahead to the “next step”.
- Strong keyboarding and strong business English skills.
- Completion of an LAA program is preferred, and, also important, if
- you have a strong desire to work in a friendly, busy law firm that treats people well.