Would you be interested in working at a litigation and dispute resolution firm based in downtown Vancouver? This firm’s practice includes civil litigation in commercial disputes, class proceedings, professional negligence and insurance defence, as well as subrogation claims. They represent a broad range of corporate and institutional clients, including a number of national and multi-national companies.
Draft routine correspondence and pleadings, prepare legal documents, liaise with clients, manage and maintain electronic and paper filing systems, schedule discoveries, trials, and other appointments, and assist with all administrative aspects of a lawyer’s practice.
QUALITIES + EXPERTISE
- Graduate of a Canadian legal administrative assistant program or equivalent experience
- Proficient with litigation procedures and the Rules of Court in British Columbia
- Experience preparing for hearings and trials
- Outstanding administrative and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Meticulous attention to details
- Strong Microsoft Office technical skills
- Experience using document and database management programs
- Familiarity with e-discovery software is a strong asset
- Ability to set priorities, problem-solve and be resourceful
They are currently seeking to add a Legal Administrative Assistant to their team; and would love to meet a candidate who is engaged, takes ownership of the practice, wants to contribute and is available to work overtime. He/she will be a team and results-oriented professional with excellent communication skills and will gain extensive experience using their up-to-date technology. They value their people and promote a positive, collaborative and collegial environment. This is a team that takes pride in their work and is passionate about delivering outstanding client service!
If this sounds like the position you have been hoping for now that the world is opening up, please don’t hesitate to contact our team at LFC. We’d be happy to receive your resume in complete confidence and discuss the position and the firm in more detail with you!