Our client is a leading progressive law firm practicing administrative, constitutional, and public law from their offices in Railtown. Their practice focuses on union-side labour law, human rights, employment law, professional regulatory law, constitutional law, and public interest litigation.
They are currently looking for a team-oriented and experienced Legal Administrative Assistant with a great work ethic to join their team to work in a collegial, down-to-earth environment where they value staff, clients, and their community.
- Provide administrative support to assigned lawyers.
- Open and close files, organize and maintain electronic and paper filing.
- Draft and prepare letters, memorandum and submissions as directed by lawyers.
- Compile, format and produce books of authorities and documents, applications and submissions.
- Coordinate with clients, arbitrators, administrative tribunals and courts to arrange dates for hearings and court proceedings.
- Assist with reviewing and organizing documentary evidence.
- Manage assigned lawyers’ calendars and bring forward systems to ensure deadlines are met.
- Process billable and non-billable time and disbursements and prepare client invoices.
- Sharing responsibility for answering telephones, welcoming clients, photocopying, and closing files.
- Other tasks as assigned to the administrative team.
- Certificate or diploma from a recognized legal administrative assistant program or 2+ years’ experience as a legal administrative assistant is an asset.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational and team work skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and keyboarding accuracy.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize work and manage time effectively with minimal direction.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience;
- Three weeks’ vacation (prorated) commencing in the first year of employment.
- Comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, paid sick days and pension.
If you would like to put your skills to work in a collegial, down-to-earth environment where teamwork is an essential part of the job, please apply by sending a cover letter and resume.