Our client is a large regional firm and is looking for an intermediate LAA to work in their downtown law office for a partner and senior counsel. The candidate who fills this role will be responsible for managing client and file information, establishing and maintaining organizational systems to manage paper-flow, client contact, drafting and filing documents, billing and all other related administrative tasks.
- Prioritizing daily tasks, maintaining a Bring Forward system, scheduling meetings, etc.
- Document preparation for standard corporate and securities transactions
- Billing of accounts; handling client collections
- File management including physical and digital filing systems and filing of standard documents on SEDAR and SEDI
- General administrative and secretarial support services as required
- 3+ years of LAA experience, preferably in Securities and Corporate Commercial law
- Strong organizational and word processing skills
- Ability to effectively manage a high volume of work and multi-task
- Ability to function well under pressure and multitask
- Excellent spelling and gramma
- Excellent proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Outlook and WordPerfect
- Preference will be given to candidates who are familiar with SEDAR and SEDI filings and candidates who have completed a LAA program
If you feel you are a great fit for this role and want to work in a large regional firm with an exceptional office, please send us your resume today!