Our client is a downtown, full-service, mid-sized law firm comprised of innovative people who are committed to providing exceptional service and outstanding results for their clients. They are currently seeking a junior to intermediate Legal Administrative Assistant to support one partner in her business Corporate Securities practice. This job is ideal for someone who is eager to learn on the job and take on paralegal tasks in time.
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
- Drafting of standard correspondence and legal documents from dictation and precedent documents
- Obtaining information from clients necessary for completion of a variety of securities documents
- File maintenance and organization
- Handling incoming and outgoing mail
- Preparation of bills; month end accounting; account payment follow up
- Deposits to trust, cheque requisitions, write-off requests, wire transfers incoming and outgoing
Here is what you bring to the team:
- Two to five years of work experience as a legal administrative assistant, preferably in the area of Securities law
- Graduation from a Legal Administrative Assistant Program is an asset
- Client-centered approach with the commitment to providing outstanding service
- Solid proficiency in Word, Adobe and Excel
- Know how to do SEDAR filing or willing to learn
- Know how to use ALF or willing to learn.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Efficient and well organized
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines while under pressure
If you have the necessary experience and willingness to learn, then this might be the position for you! Apply today!