Our client is a full service law firm with a history of over 145 years in Vancouver. They are committed to providing the highest standard of service to their clients, and strive to be one of the top employers in BC! They are currently looking for a Junior Accounting Clerk to add to their accounting team.
This can be an extremely fast faced environment with tight deadlines, at times. The successful candidate must be able to operate at a high level and be expeditious albeit cautious, with their work output.
- prepare and distribute reports
- post accounts payable
- post various entries
- assist with billing (Elite)
- post bill payments (A/R) including credit card payments, EFT’s and general deposits (back up)
- prepare general and trust cheques (back up) and post related entries
- prepare bank deposits and related banking tasks (back up)
- filing, photocopying, scanning, closing accounting files/sending to storage
- respond to various requests in a timely manner for internal (lawyers and staff) and external clients
- Other bookkeeping and administrative tasks and projects as required
Experience and competencies include:
- prioritize and manage a high volume of work in a very fast paced environment
- possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- possess excellent internal and external customer service skills
- proficient in MS Office, primarily Outlook & Excel
- knowledge of accounting software, accounting principles and accounts payable/receivable
- preferred experience working in a law firm or other professional services
- preferred experience with The Law Society of BC Trust Accounting rules
- able to work independently as well as part of a team
- strong attention to detail
- certification or designation in Accounting is preferred
- great attitude and sense of humor is a must!
Do you have a strong attention to detail? Are you a problem-solver with the ability to multitask? Are you flexible and able to withstand pressure? If yes, what are you waiting for? Apply today!