Our client is one of Vancouver’s premier boutique commercial law firms providing services to many of the province’s industry leaders. They are recruiting for an Intermediate to Senior Litigation Legal Administrative Assistant providing full administrative support in the areas of general civil litigation, commercial litigation, family law and employment law.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- typing, filing, opening mail, preparing accounts, booking travel, photocopying, etc.
- handling routine phone calls from clients and opening and closing of legal files
- drafting/preparing Court forms; filing Court forms
- drafting correspondence / responding to routine client correspondence
- setting up a variety of appointments, such as Chambers Hearings, Examinations for Discovery, Trials, Settlement meetings/mediations, including liaising with all counsel involved
- preparation of Lists of Documents, including listing the documents and photocopying same
- preparing/maintaining BFs for all deadlines, including all court/litigation deadlines, as well as deadlines indicated in letters
- drafting Trial BFs, preparation for/support during trials
- preparation of Chambers Records, Trial Records, and other binders for legal matters
- tracking accounts receivable and sending out necessary reminders for payment either by correspondence or phone calls
- preparing a variety of accounting forms, such as trust cheque requisitions, trust advice forms, expense forms, etc.
- excellent knowledge of court forms and court procedures
- planning and prioritization of workload
- consistent high-quality work; resourcefulness
- ability to develop and implement structure
- strong organizational skills and the ability to juggle demands and prioritize effectively
- the capacity to deal with a high-level of paper flow and multiple files
- Familiarity with PC Law and iPro Eclipse
- excellent technical & computer skills (in particular MS Office and Excel)
- strong written and verbal communication skills