Our client, a bold and creative law firm located downtown, is looking for a Commercial Litigation LAA to join their team. The ideal candidate would have 6+ years of experience, excellent organizational skills and detail orientation with a high level of accuracy. This is an excellent permanent full-time opportunity for a self-starter who takes initiative, works well under pressure and is able to prioritize independently and work under minimal t no supervision.
The Primary responsibilities in this role will include:
- Opening and closing of files
- Generating pre-bills and preparing invoices
- Maintaining a bring forward system and diarizing all relevant dates independently
- Drafting various correspondence, documents, pleadings etc.
- Scheduling discoveries, mediations, trials, arbitrations, applications, appointments etc.
- Communications with court registries
- File documents in court registries, including e-filing, and arranging service of documents
- Preparing and filing application records
- Preparing Books of Authorities
- Preparing List of Documents
- Conducting BC Online and LTSA Searches
- Conducting conflict searches
- Managing lawyers’ calendar and active file list
- Retrieve case law using CanLII or Westlaw
- Follow up with clients and opposing counsel
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Graduate of recognized Legal Administrative Assistant program or relevant experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel. Outlook, BC Online, MYLTSA
- Knowledge of PC Law is an asset
- Knowledge of IPRO Eclipse is an asset
- Excellent organizational skills
- The ability to independently prioritize a high volume of tasks and competing tasks
- Able to follow instructions and stick to strict deadlines
- The ability to adapt to changing demands
- A strong knowledge of the BC Supreme Court Civil Rules, BC Court of Appeal Rules and Small Claims Rules
- Knowledge of Supreme Court of Canada is an asset
- Excellent proof-reading skills
If you have strong organizational skills, the capacity to deal with the demands of a busy practice, and the confidence to manage all administrative functions of the lawyer’s practice, this is the job for you! Apply today!