Our client, a boutique law firm serving real estate developers, entrepreneurs, and commercial lenders and borrowers is seeking an Intermediate – Senior LAA to join their Corporate Commercial team. This is a full-time position supporting a senior Partner with a diverse and sophisticated practice in Corporate/Commercial Business law and an Associate with a practice in corporate/commercial and commercial real estate.
In addition to knowledge of and an interest in corporate and commercial law, the successful candidate will be self-motivated and possess:
- strong written and verbal communication skills;
- strong organizational skills and the ability to meet critical timelines;
- the ability to multi-task and attention to detail;
- the ability to proactively manage all administrative functions of the position, including file management; and
- advanced computer skills.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Act as point of contact and field incoming inquiries from clients, outside counsel and staff;
- Perform meeting management functions including, scheduling appointments and seminars and booking boardrooms;
- Document preparation and management and logistical support for commercial, financing and real estate transactions;
- Perform due diligence searches including BC Online registrations relating to companies and ancillary searches relating to transactions;
- Prepare closing agendas, closing books, billing and reporting letters; and
- Docket time entries.
The successful candidate must possess strong skills in Microsoft Office 2019, including Word and Excel. Experience with PC Law and ALF is an asset. The successful candidate will have strong interpersonal skills along with the ability to work with minimal supervision, exercising initiative and judgment.
If you think you are cut out for this role, then we want to hear from you! Send us your resume today to get started!