Our client, a boutique law firm serving real estate developers, entrepreneurs, and commercial lenders and borrowers is seeking an Intermediate – Senior LAA to join their Commercial Real Estate team. This is a full-time position supporting two busy associates.
In addition to knowledge of and an interest in commercial real estate law, the successful candidate will be self-motivated and possess:
- strong written and verbal communication skills;
- strong organizational skills and the ability to meet critical timelines;
- the ability to handle multiple files in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities;
- attention to detail;
- the ability to proactively manage all administrative functions of the position, including file management; and
- advanced computer skills.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Act as point of contact and field incoming inquiries from clients, outside counsel and staff;
- Perform meeting management functions including, scheduling appointments and booking boardrooms;
- Document preparation and management and logistical support for real estate and corporate commercial transactions;
- Perform due diligence searches including BC Online, Personal Property Registry, LTSA and ancillary searches relating to commercial real estate transactions;
- Handle commercial real estate and financing files from due diligence through to reporting; including file organization, assembling information required by lender’s counsel; preliminary review of security documents; and completing documents as required;
- Prepare and file Land Title EFS discharges and PPSA discharges;
- Knowledge of BC corporate records including ability to review minute books and ALF records in preparation for commercial real estate transactions;
- Prepare title binders, closing books, trust reconciliations, reporting letters and bills;
- Sort and distribute mail;
- Occasional copy and dicta typing and time entry.
The successful candidate must possess strong skills in Microsoft Office 2010, including Word and Excel and working knowledge of ALF. Experience with PC Law is an asset. The successful candidate will have strong interpersonal skills along with the ability to work with minimal supervision, exercising initiative and judgment.
Do not miss this exciting opportunity to join this great team! If you have the required education and experience, do not hesitate, apply today!