Our client is friendly long-established firm committed to providing exceptional service and outstanding results for their clients. They are seeking to fill the position of a senior corporate paralegal. This is a very cohesive, friendly team-based environment!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Preparing corporate documentation for BC and Federal entities, including incorporations, name changes, alterations, and other related transactional tasks
- Assisting lawyers with tax driven transactions including the preparation of closing agendas and legal documentation relating to all stages of complex corporate transactions, including, among others, section 85 rollovers, and section 86 share exchanges
- Preparing and filing documentation for creation of and/or updating of partnerships, limited partnerships, business names and extra-provincial registrations across Canada
- Assembling documentation for BC societies and federal not-for-profit corporations
- Alterations to share structure, articles and preparing dividend documentation
- Redemptions, Repurchases and all other share transactions
- Conducting records book reviews and preparing documents to correct records book deficiencies
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Completion of a Paralegal program is an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent document drafting skills
- A strong work ethic and ability to multi-task and meet deadlines and ability to work independently
- Solid knowledge of ALF corporate database
They offer a competitive salary and benefits package. If you feel you meet these expectations for the role and want to join a successful firm in a friendly and supportive environment, located in the heart of downtown Vancouver, please send us your resume today. We would be pleased to provide you with more details.