Our client, one of Canada’s leading law firms with a team of innovative, proactive and dedicated lawyers, administrative and support staff, is looking for a LAA to work in their Securities and Capital Markets team. They are also one of Canada’s best employers over the past decade, offering competitive compensation as well as a suite of benefits to their employees.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Update and revise a variety of often lengthy documents and maintain records of all client files
- Edit, format and revise letters, memos, reports, forms, labels using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, from dictation or other instruction as required;
- Maintain bring forward system
- Input all time entries daily and process all accounts for the lawyers;
- Open and close client/matter files;
- Perform administrative and related duties as well as a variety of routine tasks and special projects as required
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Legal Administrative Assistant position, preferably in an active Securities environment
- Legal Administrative Assistant program or relevant experience
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Experience with SEDAR/SEDI filings
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to use good judgment and maintain professionalism and ensure confidentiality and use of discretion
- Ability to provide exceptional service to clients
- Excellent communication (written & verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to perform well and diplomacy skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Proven problem-solving skills and ability to maintain excellent working relationships with all staff.
If you feel this is a position you would fit well in, please send us your resume today!