Tired of commuting downtown or dealing with the bridges? Or perhaps you love the North Shore!
Our client, a full-service law firm in North Vancouver, is seeking a Civil Litigation Paralegal to join their team! The firm has been on the North Shore since 1986 and is growing again in 2022. They provide a wide range of professional assistance including areas of law such as business law, real estate, estates, wills, and litigation.
Ideally the candidate will be highly organized, possess strong computer skills, and be able to work both independently and as part of a close-knit team.
Responsibilities include –
- Drafting letters, pleadings and applications
- Interacting professionally with other offices and the court, including setting trials and discoveries
- Preparing, listing and organizing required documentation
- Conducting witness interviews
- Administrative tasks including file organization, opening and closing files, maintaining a bring forward system, and preparation of invoices
- Certificate or Paralegal Diploma
- 2 – 5 years MVA/Personal Injury experience would be beneficial but not essential. Limited P.I. work involved; varied litigation practice for senior lawyer
- Good understanding of law office policies and procedures
- Excellent English oral and written skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word 2016 and ESILAW 360
This is a permanent position. If you have relevant experience, please send us your resume today. We’d be happy to discuss the role with you!