Our client, one of Canada’s leading law firms with a team of innovative, proactive and dedicated lawyers, administrative and support staff, is looking for a Floater LAA to work in their office across all departments. They are also one of Canada’s best employers over the past decade, offering competitive compensation as well as a suite of benefits to their employees.
- Understand individual requirements of a desk and expectations of teamed lawyers
- Meet with and follow instructions of the assistant
- Produce documents including typing, revising, creating blacklines and/or multiple versions of daily correspondence
- Maintain established filing and bring forward systems
- Interact professionally with clients, opposing counsel, experts and other relevant stakeholders
- Coordinate parties, schedule and organize various meetings
- Coordinate the billing cycle
- Complete electronic and/or manual filing
- Perform various administrative tasks
- Liaise with other assistants, paralegals and lawyers regularly regarding file updates;.
Qualities & Experience Required
- Formal Legal Assistant education required
- Minimum of 1-3 years’ work experience is preferred,
- Litigation experience is preferable
- Exposure to a variety of practice areas including Litigation and Corporate
- Microsoft Office, including using Outlook contacts and calendar functions
- Experience in Nuance PDF, FileSite, Elite, Workshare programs is considered an asset
- Excellent organizational and time management
- Dedicated to providing service beyond expectation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple internal clients
If you feel this is a position you would fit well in, please send us your resume today!