Our client is a market services provider and they are looking for a legal administrative assistant to work and assist in securities. Located downtown, they have an in-house legal team and are looking to add to it! This role will require an LAA with at least a basic understanding of securities and some experience or knowledge is expected.
Responsibilities may include and are not limited to:
- Project management for the practice including prioritizing daily tasks, maintaining a Bring Forward system, scheduling meetings, etc.
- Document preparation for standard corporate and securities transactions
- Data entry
- Billing of accounts; handling client collections
- File management including organizing and managing documents of both physical and digital filing systems
- Preparation and filing of standard documents on SEDAR and SEDI
- Other general administrative and secretarial support services as required
- Diploma or Certification from recognized LAA program
- Minimum 1 year as an LAA
- Working knowledge of SEDAR/SEDI or capacity to learn
- Strong organizational and word processing skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Positive and willing attitude
- Excellent spelling and grammar – attention to detail
- Ability to take initiative and think ahead
- Advanced proficiency with MS Word, Excel and Outlook
This position offers salary as well as stock options in the company. If you want to advance your knowledge of securities law and wish to join an established market services provider, please send us your resume today!