Are you looking for a position in a firm that provides a friendly, inviting work environment for employees at all levels, in all roles? This position would be to work for an associate lawyer and articling student in litigation located in downtown Vancouver. It is a full time position.
The firm is an international firm with a large office in Vancouver that offers the culture and comradery of a smaller office together with the resources and opportunities of a large firm. Above all, it is the people at this firm, the friendly culture, and amazing benefits that add up to a great working atmosphere.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing calendar and file list
- Opening and closing files
- Scheduling discoveries, mediations, trials, applications, arbitrations and appointments
- Filing documents, including e-filing and arranging service of documents
- Communications with court registries
- Drafting correspondence, documents & pleadings
- Preparing for trial
- Following up with clients and opposing counsel
- Preparing book of authorities, list of documents and filing application records
- Generating pre-bills and invoices
- Conducting BC online LTSA Searches
- LAA diploma with 2-3+ years of experience
- Strong knowledge of BC Supreme Court Civil Rules
- Knowledge of MS Office, Outlook, BC Online, MYLTSA
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize, time manage, and adapt
Please forward your resume if you would like to have us advance you, without delay, to this position. Thanks!