Our client is a mid-sized law firm located in downtown Vancouver and they are seeking to hire a full-time litigation legal administrative assistant to join their team. The new hire will work directly with a partner and an associate lawyer as well as support all litigation lawyers and staff.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare litigation documents and pleadings as required, including application records and Briefs of Authorities;
- File documents with registries when required;
- Schedule discoveries, trial dates and other meetings;
- Assist in file/document management, including updating pleadings binders, ensuring all electronic and paper filing complete;
- Prepare general correspondence;
- Deal directly with clients, experts and referral sources;
- Manage more complex tasks in order to move files forward in a meaningful way;
- Maintain primary responsibility for full billing cycle;
- Participate with other team members in covering reception breaks as necessary;
- Complete all other administrative tasks as required.
Experience and Skills Required:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a law firm, preferably in the commercial litigation and/or insurance coverage disputes
- Completion of a recognized Legal Administrative Assistant Certificate program
- Knowledge of BC litigation processes and court procedures
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), and Adobe
- Excellent organizational and time management abilities required to prioritize a high volume of tasks or competing priorities;
- Ability to manage multiple internal clients and be responsive to the needs of each
- Flexible to work overtime as needed.
If your skills match what is requested, please send your resume today!