Our client is looking for a junior LAA to help them with their corporate files and searches along with helping with general administrative duties in their office located in Vancouver.
Responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- Daily correspondence, document preparation, drafting.
- Conduct corporate searches
- Maintenance of corporate records
- Prepare lists of documents; organize and assemble chambers records, books of authorities, appeal records and appeal books.
- Schedule court dates and discoveries; communicate with court registries, clients and counsel.
- File preparation and management including daily electronic and paper-based filing.
- Monthly time billings, accounts and collections, and client status reports.
- Maintain BF systems.
- Obtain and index cases from online and other sources
- Other general and administrative tasks as required.
- Graduation of LAA program or equivalent experience
- Ability to use ProSuite or capacity to learn
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel & Outlook
- Ability to speak and write in Mandarin is considered an asset
- Previous training in conveyancing or a desire to learn
If you are looking for a position in-office and believe you possess the qualifications and would be a good fit, send us your resume today!