Our client is an award-winning corporate and entertainment law firm based in downtown Vancouver. They are currently looking for a dynamic LAA to join their team.
This firm works in a very collaborative model and therefore are looking for someone who is a strong team player and willing to assist with general administrative tasks from time to time.
Ideal Candidate Requisites
- 2+ years’ experience working as an LAA in a busy Business Law firm environment (focus on solicitors practice) – relevant Corporate/Commercial Law experience
- Graduated from an accredited Legal Administrative Assistant program
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office Suite of applications, with a focus on Word Processing and Formatting
- Experience with Worldox, Workshare Compare, Excel, PC Law (preferred)
- Ability to organize and proactively anticipate and prioritize a busy workload for a team of lawyers.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Tactful, with good judgment when handling confidential and sensitive matters
- Strong business communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills and the ability to work well independently or in a team-based environment.
- Client-centered approach and business-first thinking
- Collaborative approach to the work environment
Role and Responsibilities:
- LAAs play a key role in supporting the Business Lawyers in sophisticated commercial/corporate transactions, and can assume high levels of responsibility for management/coordination of relevant administrative matters including but not limited to:
- Editing/formatting various documents
- Preparation of relevant trust paperwork
- Coordinating the execution and collation of transaction documents
- Preparation of digital closing books
- Perform complex editing and formatting of documents for various correspondence, agreements, reports, forms, and spreadsheets
- Provide general practice support and handle standard administrative tasks such as in compliance with Firm procedures:
- File openings (including Know Your Client), file closings and archiving, billing and trust paperwork
- Management of calendars, meeting schedules, contact lists and bring-forwards for team of lawyers
- Answer and direct phone calls on an as-needed basis.
- Provide ancillary administrative support on large scale projects/transactions
If you are a strong team player, have a positive attitude, and take pride in attention to detail and high quality output – Apply today!