Our client is seeking a General Accounting Clerk to join their Accounting Department Team. The firm is located in downtown Vancouver and you’ll have access to the resources and support of a large firm, while enjoying the sense of community normally found in a smaller office. As a part of a leading Canadian firm for international business, they make sure you reach your full potential through work that is both interesting and offers an intellectual challenge.
General Accounting Clerk – Job Description
- Receive and code vendor invoices, ensure all approvals are obtained.
- Post vendor invoices
- Pay all vendor invoices (every 2 weeks)
- Maintain AP filing (digital scanning / filing)
- Post client disbursements
- Maintain / reconcile petty cash box
- Maintain / reconcile credit card accounts
- Post all incoming wire payments for firm invoices on all accounts
- Deposit all incoming cheque / cash payments for firm invoices
- Maintain AR records (digital scanning / filing)
- Provide monthly AR Collection data to LAA’s
- Assist with Monthly bill posting
- Assist with Billing queries
- Process Quarterly Personal Disbursement Bills for SE employees
- Answer general accounting queries
- Provide back up relief for Trust closings / special projects as required
- Off-site storage
This firm takes pride in providing a culture in which each employee can foster relationships with colleagues across the office. There is a noticeable air of excitement when lawyers, students and staff come together at firm social events such as holiday receptions, cultural celebrations, organized sports leagues, team-building challenges, and charity fund-raisers.
Oh yes, and they provide competitive salaries and a good benefits package!
If you’re interested and have a minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar role, this job could be yours. Apply today by sending us your resume. We’d love to meet you!