Our client is a small law firm located in Kitsilano and they are looking for an experienced paralegal to assist in business law and wills & estates. This role is a remote position with some in office meeting required although rare. A work from home set up is required.
- Drafting corporate records, resolutions, agreements, and ancillary documents (like org charts and closing agendas) for various business matters and transactions such as incorporations, reorganizations and M&A transactions
- Preparing and attending to various registry filings and searches, including support on transactional due diligence
- Creating and reviewing minute books, keeping them up to date, and rectifying deficiencies, including related database support in Appara
- Preparing corporate annual maintenance (BC, federal and some other Canadian jurisdictions)
- Estate planning, including drafting Wills, Powers of Attorney, Representation Agreements and other estate planning documents
- Estate administration, including drafting applications for grants of probate and administration, reconciliations and related correspondence
- Supporting with ad hoc admin and operations matters
- Conducting some legal research and analysis
- Liaising directly with clients and third parties on various matters, and preparing various legal correspondence
- Graduation of a paralegal program or equivalent
- 3+ years experience in business law and/or wills & estates (and ideally both),
- Ability and experience working effectively in an autonomous remote position.
- Appara knowledge is a strong asset
If you feel you meet this criteria and are looking for a remote work from home position, please send us your resume today!