Our client, one of BC’s leading boutique law firms in the areas of construction, commercial, and matrimonial dispute resolution is looking for a commercial litigation LAA to join their team!
- Opening and maintaining files, ensuring policies and procedures are followed in accordance with firm guidelines;
- Running conflict searches, maintaining calendars and BFs, and preparing routine correspondence;
- Scheduling trial dates, discoveries, meetings, conferences and confirming dates with all involved parties, as required;
- Helping with preparation of document binders, lists of documents, notice of applications and pleadings;
- Organizing service of court documents;
- Filing court documents via BC Online, agent, and in-person;
- Tracking deadlines to ensure compliance with court limitations and providing administrative support and preparation of monthly invoices, materials for administrative hearings;
- Reviewing, maintaining Excel spreadsheets and electronic organization and maintenance of files;
- Conducting BC Online, LTO, and corporate searches.
Qualifications and sills required:
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of BC Supreme Court Civil Rules, court practices and procedures and filing deadlines;
- Exceptional time management, organizational, and prioritization skills with the ability to work under pressure, complete tasks with speed and accuracy, and the ability to multitask in response to changing situations;
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work independently, and exercise sound judgment;
- The ability to work overtime, if required;
- Great technical skills, including intermediate level knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe, BC Online, MyLTSA, and Windows;
- Proficient knowledge in Adobe – OCR-ing, text searching, editing, redacting and hyperlinking within PDF documents;
- Client centred approach with commitment to providing outstanding service.
Out client offers comprehensive group benefits and other perks within a fun and friendly environment.