Our client is a large and longstanding law firm located in the lower Lonsdale area on the North Shore. A leader throughout the lower mainland, our client provides a full range of legal services to clients in the local community.
Looking for a full time paralegal/legal assistant to join their Real Estate team, this role will have responsibility for handling all estate administration matters, including but not limited to:
- All related reporting and billing
- First Nations real estate transactions and GST registrations
- Managing residential and commercial sales, purchases, mortgages, and administration files independently
- Resort (including fractional) real estate transactions
- Preparing and drafting all legal documents, correspondence, and accounts required for completion of the real estate transactions
- Liaising with clients, financial institutions, counsel, and other external parties as needed
- Prioritizing and handling a high volume of work in a fast-paced environment
- Graduate of a Legal Administrative Assistant or Paralegal program.
- 4 + years of legal experience in a Real Estate Department.
- Ability to independently manage a file from beginning to end.
- Strong computer skills are essential (Outlook, MS Word/Excel, EsiLaw, BC Online, MYLTSA).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and a meticulous attention to detail
- Strong administration and organization skills, and good analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Working knowledge of ProSuite or other similar conveyancing software.
- A high level of professionalism
Salary will be commensurate with experience.