Our client is a 20+ lawyer firm located in downtown Vancouver. They are looking to add an intermediate to senior legal administrative assistant to support for two associates in the areas of general civil litigation and commercial litigation. This is a full-time permanent position.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Preparing correspondence, pleadings, indexes, lists and summaries;
- Preparing documents, books and/or binders for court, including photocopying and binding;
- Set discovery, trial and other court and/or meeting dates;
- Online registry searches; and
- Daily administrative tasks including daily filing, file organization, opening files, closing files, maintaining an electronic and manual bring-forward system, maintain client documents/files and binders, preparation of accounts, etc.
Skills and Qualifications:
- consistent high-quality work;
- ability to develop and implement structure;
- strong organizational skills and the ability to juggle demands and prioritize effectively;
- the capacity to deal with a high-level of paper flow and multiple files;
- attentiveness to detail;
- excellent technical & computer skills (in particular Excel); and
- strong written and verbal communication skills
- experience with PC Law and iPro Eclipse is an asset.