Our client is a long-established firm committed to helping their clients achieve better business and personal outcomes. Relationships are at the heart of their business. They are seeking to hire a Senior Corporate Paralegal as their current long-serving Paralegal has announced her retirement, effective at the end of December, 2022. If you’d like to avoid the busy downtown core and you would like to work in a law firm that delivers true value to their clients, this could be exactly right for you!
- Preparing corporate documentation such as incorporations, alterations, name changes and other related transactional tasks for BC and Federal companies;
- Transactional work to assist the lawyers with tax driven transactions such as the preparation of closing agendas and documentation required in complex corporate transactions including, among others, Section 85 rollovers, and Section 86 share exchanges, as well as the documentation relating to Amalgamations, share sales, and other interesting work, such as:
- BC Societies and not-for-profit Federal corporations, partnerships, limited partnerships, business names and extra-provincial registrations;
- Alterations to share structure, articles and preparing dividend documentation, redemptions, and all other share transactions;
- Assist the Annual Maintenance staff member primarily on an as needed basis;
- Minimum 3-5 years within a law firm handling Corporate Paralegal work;
- Completion of a recognized Paralegal program would be an asset;
- Excellent written and verbal skills;
- Ability to meet deadlines and ability to work independently;
- Good knowledge of ALF corporate database.
We would be pleased to provide you with more details if you are interested in this position. Please feel free to call us if you would like to know more about the firm. If you send us your resume, we would be happy to get in touch with you and arrange to meet you to discuss your career goals and experience. The firm offers a competitive salary and benefits as well as good quality work.