Our client has an opening for a newly created permanent full-time role for a Corporate Paralegal supporting Executive Leadership. The successful candidate will create, review, maintain and file corporate records, business contracting and transactions, liaise with external counsel and parent company legal departments, as well as provide administrative support.
Responsibilities and Activities:
- Creating, reviewing, maintaining, and filing corporate records
- Producing, coordinating, and receiving board materials and related signatures.
- Producing documents related to the development and implementation of corporate policies and templates
- Providing administrative support and coordinating and administration of business contract processes
- Providing contract support for standard business agreements
- Maintaining the intellectual property, brands and trademarks portfolios
- Working and providing administrative support for senior leadership including mergers and acquisitions
- Manage schedules, workflows and coordination with external counsel and external billings for legal services.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Graduation from a law society recognized para-legal post secondary program is preferred
- 5+ years experience in a law firm with emphasis on corporate law or within a corporate legal department
- Excellent people skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite/365
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Superb attention to detail
Compensation and Benefits:
- Compensation is commensurate with experience and anticipated to be in the 60k-70k per annum range
- The company will provide a full suite of benefits, including a non-contributory pension plan and 3 weeks vacation