Our client is a successful Vancouver based business law firm focusing on the practice areas of Business Law (including private equity and corporate records); Real Estate Law (including commercial and residential mortgages, purchases, sales); and Wills, Estates, and Family Trusts. They are currently looking for a Corporate Paralegal to support their growing Corporate Department.
- Checking client identification and preparing lawyers to meet clients.
- File opening & closing, client contact for basic information, research, filing, client record data entry, tracking open files, maintenance, etc.
- Management of client corporate records.
- Review of corporate documents and preparation of Annual return materials as they come due.
- Work arising from clients that requiring access to, modification of, updating, review, transferring, lending to other firms, or any other matter concerning client corporate records.
- Coordinate all documentation relating to incorporations, amalgamations, restorations, dissolutions and related corporate matters.
- Preparation of resolutions and drafting pertaining to all manner of corporate transactions.
- File Annual Reports, and required corporate updates and alterations with the B.C. /Federal Registrar.
- Preparing corporate resolutions for incorporated purchasers/sellers/borrowers.
- Scanning documents for electronic corporate record-keeping.
- Other duties as they may arise or be assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES/ATTRIBUTES
- Accuracy and Attention to details.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Strong English language skills.
- Business-like and professionally presentable.
- Organized, flexible, and able to prioritize daily work tasks.
- Able to interact with staff from all departments and work within a larger team.
- Able to multi-task effectively.
- Able to work under pressure, while maintaining an air of friendliness and professionalism.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Adobe.
- Knowledge of electronic filing
- Knowledge of PC Law
- Understanding of legal (corporate) personality and the differences between individuals, shareholders, directors, and officers.
If you have the required background, education, and experience we would love to discuss the position in person with you, in complete confidence. Submit your resume and jump-start your advancement in legal today!