Our client, a high-performance law firm located in the heart of Downtown Vancouver, is seeking a Corporate Mergers & Acquisitions and Securities LAA to support one partner and one associate. The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of managing client and file information, including establishing and maintaining organizational systems to manage paper-flow; client contact; drafting and filing documents; billing and administrative tasks.
- Project management for the practice including prioritizing daily tasks, maintaining a Bring Forward system, scheduling meetings, etc.
- Document preparation for standard corporate and securities transactions.
- Daily time entry.
- Billing of accounts; handling client collections.
- File management including organizing and managing documents of both physical and digital filing systems.
- Preparation and filing of standard documents on SEDAR and SEDI.
- Other general administrative and secretarial support services as required.
Education, Training, Skills, and Experience:
- Strong organizational and word processing skills.
- Ability to effectively manage a high volume of work and multi-task.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Positive and willing attitude.
- Ability to function well under pressure and handle multiple assignments.
- Excellent spelling and grammar – attention to detail is a must.
- Ability to take initiative and think ahead.
- Advanced proficiency with MS Word, Excel and Outlook along with document management and comparison systems.
- Keyboarding of at least 60 wpm.
- Minimum of two years’ LAA experience, preferably in Corporate Commercial and Securities law.
- Preference will be given to candidates who are familiar with SEDAR and SEDI filings, and who have completed a Legal Administrative Assistant program.
If you think you’ve got what it takes to succeed in this exciting role, then this could be the job for you! Send us your resume today!