Our client is a top tier, full service international law firm with offices across North America and was voted as a Best Employer in the 2020 “Best Employers in Canada” survey.
They are looking for a Paralegal (Commercial Real Estate) to work in their Vancouver office:
Working with the strong and dynamic mentorship of their senior paralegals, associates and partners, this new position will:
- Provide junior to intermediate level Paralegal support to their Commercial Real Estate team, including all facets of commercial purchase and sale and leasing transactions, rezoning and subdivision applications, project development and marketing, and real estate financings
- Perform Land Title Office and all other forms of due diligence searches, including monitoring and review of all results and preparation of comprehensive reports
- Review and analysis of commercial agreements, subdivisions and strata plan filings, including preparation of critical dates memoranda, closing agenda and order of registration memoranda
- Prepare initial drafts, reports and all other required documents with respect to purchase and sale transactions, financings and subdivisions and land development matters
- Communicate with various stakeholders including clients, vendors, purchasers, financial institutions, Land Title Office staff and municipal offices
- Junior to Intermediate level experience as a Commercial Real Estate Paralegal, or, 5+ years as a senior Legal Assistant within a Commercial Real Estate Team and a Paralegal Certificate
- Knowledge of commercial lending is considered an asset
- Proficient with MS Office and LTO forms, including registration requirements and e-filing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of attention to detail and organizational skills, the ability to multi-task, prioritize and respond to deadlines
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision, as well as contribute to a strong team dynamic.