Our client is a leading progressive law firm practicing administrative, constitutional, and public law from their offices in Railtown. Their practice focuses on union-side labour law, human rights, employment law, professional regulatory law, constitutional law, and public interest litigation.
They are currently looking for a team-oriented and experienced Administrative Assistant with a great work ethic to join their team to work in a collegial, down-to-earth environment where their employer values their staff, their clients, and their community.
This position is an entry level administrative position, supporting both lawyers and legal administrative assistants. However, the opportunity to advance to a Legal Administrative Assistant position may arise over time.
- Provide administrative support to lawyers and legal administrative assistants.
- Answer telephones, handle inquiries from public and clients.
- Photocopy materials, compile, format and produce books of authorities and documents, applications and submissions.
- Open and close files, organize and maintain electronic and paper filing,
- Draft and prepare letters, memorandum and submissions as directed by lawyers.
- Assist with reviewing and organizing documentary evidence.
- Manage firm calendars and bring forward systems to ensure deadlines are met.
- Other tasks as may be assigned.
- Training or experience as an administrative assistant or legal assistant.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational and teamwork skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and keyboarding accuracy.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize work and manage time effectively with minimal direction.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience;
- Three weeks’ vacation (prorated) commencing in the first year of employment.
- Comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, paid sick days and pension.
If you would like to put your skills to work in a collegial, down-to-earth environment where teamwork is an essential part of the job, please apply by sending a cover letter and resume and we will send your candidate profile to the client.