HIRING! – LEGAL ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT – Family Law & Business Law/Property Law
Our client is a boutique law firm located in downtown Vancouver. They are looking for an intermediate Legal Administrative Assistant to work in their General Litigation Group. The successful applicant will be a hard working, a proactive self-starter, who is keen to increase their skills in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. Experience in ICBC insurance defence work, and/or wills and estates, would be an asset but the emphasis will be in Family and Property Law.
As a Legal Administrative Assistant at this long-established firm, you will be expected to work at a very high level, taking responsibility and ownership for the files which have been assigned to you to manage. You will work as a member of a close-knit team of Lawyers, Paralegals and other Legal Administrative Assistants.
- Legal Administrative Assistant Certificate from an accredited institution
- Three to 5 years of litigation work experience (Family Law and other administrative experience an asset)
- Solid understanding of the Rules of Court and related forms and practice directions
- Experience with rules of procedure in provincial and/or federal administrative tribunals
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Strong technical skills including knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, BC Online and E-filing of court documents
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Able to work independently as well as part of a legal team
- Strong grammatical skills, including punctuation and proofreading, attention to detail and accuracy are a must
- Setting court dates, mediations, discoveries, hearings and communicating with registries
- Draft legal documents, such as list of documents, pleadings, applications and correspondence from standard precedents
- Assisting with the preparation of court applications, trial briefs and JCC memos
- Assembly of application records, case authorities, trial exhibits and corresponding indexes
- Tracking court dates and limitation dates
- Assist Lawyers and Paralegals with incoming and outgoing mail, resulting responses, and action items
- Liaise with legal assistants, paralegals, opposing counsel and clients on file progress
- Maintain a solid understanding of legal procedures such as Acts, Rules, Regulations, etc. within the areas of litigation and Family Law, and within the scope of their role
- Perform general administrative tasks including file management (opening/closing of files, filing, etc.)
- Scheduling court and witnesses
- Filing documents
- Administrative tasks to manage lawyers’ practice, including: scanning, photocopying, file management, calendar management
- Other duties as assigned.
The firm will be conducting interviews soon, so send in your resume today! We’d be happy to discuss the role with you to see if it aligns with your present career goals. Thank you!